The submission of abstracts to present during technical sessions at the 2nd Annual Canadian SmallSat Symposium is now open!
SUBMISSIONS BEGIN June 8th, 2017.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT is November 17th, 2017
NOTIFICATION DEADLINE December 15th, 2017.
We will contact successful applicants only by December 15th, if you have been selected to present.
However, should we have an opening we will consider late submissions.
February 13 – 15, 2018, Toronto, Canada
The Canadian Space Commerce Association (CSCA) is organizing its 2nd Annual Canadian SmallSat Symposium building on the heritage of similar events held in Canada over the years.
Small Satellites, Responsible Revolution
The demand and opportunity to put SmallSat’s in orbit is continuing to grow, especially at the micro and nano scale. The current traffic in LEO and the thousands of smallsats slated for deployment, heighten the propensity for collision and challenge the sustainability space.
To position Canada to provide solutions and technologies to mitigate this concern, the CSCA is bringing together stakeholders from across the country and inviting international participation to provide a forum for discussion and collaboration.
Call for Abstracts
Topics of Interest, focussed on SmallSats, are (but not limited to):
- Academic Submissions
- Agriculture, Forestry Ecological
- Coastal Waters, Sea Ice and Fluvial
- Earth Observation
- Education, and Public Outreach
- Finance, Business and Market
- Government Role
- Ground Systems and Communications
- Humanitarian and Social Benefits
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Launch Opportunities and Challenges
- Natural Disaster Mitigation
- Science and Missions
- Security, Search and Rescue
- Space Debris
- Space Exploration
- Space Law and Policy
- Urban Applications
NOTE: We will NOT require a full paper, only the abstract for your oral presentation.
Requirements for Abstract Submissions
- All speakers for technical sessions are required to submit an abstract. A full paper will not be required.
- Submissions must be made electronically.
- Invited Presentations (whether your session is an invited presentation by the Symposium Committee or member of our BoD).
- Session Category must be selected based on the relevancy of the abstract.
- Presentation Title (Max 60 characters, including spaces)
- Who will benefit from your lecture session (Describe your ideal audience – max 100 characters)
- Presentation Abstract one page max, 12 pt. font, single spaced, standard margin (approximately 400 words).
- Presenter Information (no maximum of co-authors in one paper but only one presenter allowed – must have names, company affiliations, addresses, phones, e-mails on the paper)
- Biography (short introductory bio – max 100 words)
- The official language of the symposium is English (all submitted materials must be prepared in English only.)
If we select your presentation, you must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Register yourself for the Symposium to attend by paying the registration fee.
- Submit your complete and final PowerPoint presentation and final version paper as soon as possible to the Symposium organizer by the deadline date mentioned on the website.
- Your presentation and paper must meet published specifications and guidelines available on the website
- You will be required to have your presentation slides reviewed and approved by a member of the Technical Committee and Technical Audio Visual Staff before you would upload your presentation upon arrival at the conference site computers.
- You must refrain from any direct marketing of products, services, software or other commercial ventures in the technical sessions.
- You must not make any changes to the content, presenters, slides or delivery after the published date.
- If selected, you will be required to sign a waiver that we may audio record your session at the conference. If objectionable, you must say that in writing on the Permission Form.
The Technical Committee
- Yaroslav Pustovyi
- Andrej Litvinjenko
- Anneke Findlay-Bruinsma
- Eva-Jane Lark
- Grant Bonin
- Nadeem Ghafoor
- Randall Llilko
- Roman Ronge